Vancomycin Injection PF Bag
Edge Pharma offers sterile Vancomycin Injection PF in prefilled bags for hospitals. Edge Vancomycin Injection PF Bag makes storage and administration of this medication simple and compliant for any organization.
Sterile Vancomycin Injection PF Solutions
Sterile solution in single use bag for IV Injection. Preservative Free. Room temperature storage.
- Vancomycin 1250mg Injection PF, 1250mg/250mL in bag
- Vancomycin 1500mg Injection PF, 1500mg/500mL in bag
- Vancomycin 1750mg Injection PF, 1750mg/500mL in bag
- Vancomycin 2000mg Injection PF, 2000mg/500mL in bag
Edge Pharma is a USP 795, 797, 800 and CGMP compliant FDA-Registered 503B Outsourcing Facility that specializes in a wide array of sterile and non-sterile compounded medications. Edge provides high quality medications with longer Beyond Use Dating and batch testing for every lot manufactured. We pride ourselves on working with customers to solve their compounding needs. In addition, as an Outsourcing Facility, Edge is able to dispense these products to qualified practitioners and facilities without patient names.
“Clostridium difficile is emerging as a major public health concern due to an increase in morbidity and mortality association with C difficile infection (CDI). Many patients with C difficile-associated diarrhea require hospitalization for IV fluid administration and antibiotic therapy directed against C difficile.”(1) Vancomycin is one of the most commonly-used antibiotics for the treatment of CDI.(1) CDI disproportionately affects individuals who are immunocompromised or have other comorbidities.(2)
In the U.S. in 2011, there were 450,000 incident and 83,000 recurrent CDIs, according to a study published in the Journal of The American Medical Association/Internal Medicine. The study’s objective was to evaluate and compare the risk of recurrence and all-cause 30-day mortality among patients receiving the drugs Metronidazole or Vancomycin for the treatment of mild to moderate and severe CDI. The multiyear comparative effectiveness study was conducted within U.S. Veteran’s hospitals and included 47,471 patients.(2)
While an earlier clinical trial found no difference in cure rates between Metronidazole and Vancomycin, other trials and observations had suggested that Vancomycin was superior, especially in serious cases. This study concluded: “Recurrence rates were similar among patients treated with Vancomycin and Metronidazole. However, the risk of 30-day mortality was significantly reduced among patients who received Vancomycin. Our findings may further justify the use of Vancomycin as initial therapy for severe CDI.(2)
(1) Sourial, M. PharmD, Chahine, E. PHarmD, Ishak, M PharmD, U.S. Pharmacist, Update on the Management of Clostridium Difficile Infection, https://uspharmacist.com/article/update-on-the-management-of-clostridium-difficile-infection
(2) Stevens, V. PhD, et al. Journal of the American Medical Association/Internal Medicine, Comparative Effectiveness of Vancomycin and Metronidazole for the Prevention and Recurrence and Death in Patients with Clostridium Difficile Infection https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28166328/
Register To Order Online
We are currently licensed to sell to all US states except Alabama and Virginia. Our online system makes ordering quick and easy. Just submit the simple form below to setup an account with Edge. Medical, DEA, or hospital pharmacy licenses will be required to order Vancomycin Injection bags.
Create an account to orderLog-In if you have an account