Hy-Blocks Hyaluronidase Ophthalmic Blocks
Edge Pharma is an FDA-Registered 503B Outsourcing Facility which specializes in providing compounded sterile ophthalmic blocks, which are premixed ready-to-administer retrobulbar and peribulbar ophthalmic blocks dispensed in unit dose syringes.
Hy-Blocks Ophthalmic Blocks
Sterile ophthalmic solution for injection (PF)
Single use syringe
Refrigerate and protect from light
- Bupivacaine 0.375% / Lidocaine 2% / Hyaluronidase 15 units/ml available in either 5mL or 8mL dose.
- Epinephrine 1:400,000 / Lidocaine 3% / Hyaluronidase 15 units/ml available in 5mL dose.
Outsourcing the compounding of these medications with Edge offers several distinct advantages compared to supplying vials.
- USP 797 Compliance
- Waste Reduction
- Cost Savings
"Edge Pharmacy Services worked with us in developing our block mixture over 2 years ago. Since that time we have performed over 20,000 blocks at various sites in New York and New England. The performance of the blocks has been outstanding. We receive our blocks in a timely and secure manner. Given the recent environment surrounding the compounding of medications and the challenges providers face, Edge Pharmacy Services has allowed us to continue to provide our patients and centers with the quality and safety they deserve."
Stephan Hatch MD
Clinical Director, JJM Medical
1) Nicoll, J. Martin V., et al. "Retrobulbar Anesthesia: The Role of Hyaluronidase." Anesthesia & Analgesia 65.12 (1986): 1324-1328.
"The improved efficacy of retrobulbar block by the addition of hyaluronidase to the local anesthetics was clearly demonstrated by the trial."
"Originally the authors were skeptical that any difference at all would be demonstrated, and a far larger trial had been contemplated. However, on completion of this number  it was clear that to continue to perform retrobulbar block without the addition of hyaluronidase would be unjustified."
2) Dempsey, G. A., P. J. Barrett, and I. J. Kirby. "Hyaluronidase and Peribulbar Block." British journal of anaesthesia 78.6 (1997): 671-674.
"Each time a needle is introduced into the orbit, there is a small but definite risk of complication. Successful block from a single injection is therefore desirable. Our study has shown that this is most likely to be achieved when hyaluronidase is added to the solution."
3) Kallio, Helena, Markku Paloheimo, and Eeva-Liisa Maunuksela. "Hyaluronidase as an Adjuvant in Bupivacaine-Lidocaine Mixture for Retrobulbar/Peribulbar Block." Anesthesia & Analgesia 91.4 (2000): 934-937.
"The addition of hyaluronidase significantly improved the success of the motor block."
"Supplementary blocks were needed significantly more often when the local anesthetic solution was hyaluronidase-free."
Register To Order Online
We are currently licensed to sell to all US states except Alabama and Virginia. Please fill the Form below to create an account. Medical, DEA, or hospital pharmacy licenses will be required to order prefilled verapamil syringes.
Create an account to orderLog-In if you have an account